Last updated on June 2, 2023
Every stockbroker charges a fee for performing trading deals which depend on the kind of asset classes. Investors need to choose the best stock broker for their trading needs to maximize the return on investment. Both Ventura Securities and Axis Direct are Full-Service Brokers that provide investment advice and perform detailed stock analyses for their clients.
To start with, Axis Direct is a private company founded by Arun Thukral as a subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd. in 2011. It is a full-service stockbroker that distributes a wide array of financial solutions and services and a broad spectrum of lending strategies enriched with features.
This firm participates in both – BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) and NSE (National Stock Exchange Today). It has around 75 branches across India and is one of the evolving stockbrokers in the offline space. It enjoys being one of the highest active clients in the stockbroking space in the country.
With a working client base of more than 300,000, it allows customers to set up a Demat 3-in-1 account that removes all the difficulties with fund transfers. This account is offered to make the firm stand out as the best broker for trading. It has several subscriptions enabling the customers to trade over multiple financial segments, such as:
- Derivative Trading,
- Currency Trading,
- Mutual Funds,
- and ETFs.
On the other hand, Ventura Securities is a public company that Sajid Malik founded in 1994. It is a popular Mumbai-based stock broker and provides a wide range of investment products and services. With more than 30 branches and over 500 business partners (including sub-brokers and franchises), this stock broking company is located across 300 cities in India.Being a full-service broker, it provides research, and advisory services to institutions and retail or individual investors.
As a depository participant of the National Securities Depository Limited and a member of NSE, BSE, MCX & NCDEX, it offers its clients the opportunity to invest and trade in equity, commodities, mutual funds, fixed-income products, etc. It also offers a 2-in-1 account that includes an online trading account and a Demat account.
Trading Account Opening and Demat Charges:
|Account Opening and Demat Charges||Axis Direct||Ventura Securities|
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs. 999||Free|
|Demat AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Rs. 650 (per Annum)||Free|
|Trading AMC (Annual Maintenance Charges)||Free||Free|
|Margin Money||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 1,000|
|Offline to Online Charges||Not applicable||Not applicable|
Ventura Securities vs. Axis Direct Equity Brokerage Charges
|Equity Brokerage Charges||Axis Direct||Ventura Securities|
|Equity Delivery||0.20% – 0.60%||0.10% to 0.45%|
|Equity Intraday||0.03% – 0.05%||0.01% – 0.05%|
|Equity Futures||0.03% – 0.05%||0.01% – 0.05%|
|Equity Options||Rs. 10 per lot||Rs. 18 – Rs. 50 per lot|
|Currency Brokerage Charges||Axis Direct||Ventura Securities|
|Currency Futures||0.03% – 0.05%||0.01% – 0.05%|
|Currency Options||Rs. 10 per lot||Rs. 18 – Rs. 50 per lot|
Axis Direct has made different types of trading platforms available. The terminal-based software and the mobile app are famous for their ratings in the market.
- Axis Direct Swift Trade is the web-based trading platform by Axis Direct. This does not need to be downloaded and installed in any software. This platform provides LIVE market feeds and live streaming of quotes happens on the user’s screen automatically.
Its features platform include –
- Multiple Market watches,
- Research thoughts and tips,
- Screen and dashboard personalization,
- Keyboard shortcuts for instant order placements, etc.
- Axis Direct Trade is a terminal-based trading platform which can be downloaded and installed on a desktop. Once done, the users can choose to trade from anywhere. Its leading features include –
- Search bar for faster discovery of the particulars that the client searches for.
- Availability of Updated news, market reports, information on indices, and currency rates within the platform.
- A smoother user interface that enables quick navigation.
- Trading tutorials and videos engage the users.
- Alerts and notifications as per the preferences of the user.
- Axis Direct Mobile App is the mobile-based trading platform by Axis Direct that intends to bring the stock market to the fingertips of the user.
It features one-time registration and is a widely used mobile trading app for investors across the country. Its main features are :
- Real-time streaming quotes,
- Options to create multiple streaming watchlists with customization,
- Intraday charts with minute-by-minute movement,
- Market orders can be turned off during off hours
- Axis Direct Portal as a Web Portal provides smoother access to traders to all trading segments across exchanges. The website has been crafted using HTML5. It can be used on smartphones, desktops and laptops. Major features of the Axis Direct trading website are:
- Trade in various segments across exchanges under a single platform
- Get data and information in a simple card view
- Quizzes, webinars and videos etc., to sharpen trading knowledge
- Tailored alerts and notifications
- Watch live markets and get the latest updates on big-size indices and currency rates.
Ventura Securities provides a variety of trading platforms to its clients to keep them updated with the best in stock trading.
- Ventura Pointer is a terminal-based trading platform offered by Ventura Securities. The client or the user needs to download the software and start trading across multiple stock exchanges. Traders can invest in Equity, IPOs, MFs, etc. through this terminal-based software. Ventura Pointer offers a range of features to meet the requirements of the traders including:
- Multiple order types and a customizable bulk trade window.
- Market summary space shows top-rated and best or worst 20 stocks.
- Action window reflects the day’s high or low.
- Regular newsletter to provide market-related information.
- Customizable Market watch window.
- Hotkeys to augment the trading speed.
- Ventura Web is a web-based trading platform that can be opened on any web browser. To start trading, the user needs to log in and fill in their passwords. It has a responsive nature and can be accessed on almost any browser. Some of its major features include:
- Access from any web-based browser.
- Invest in multiple market segments across multiple stock exchanges.
- Option to easily swipe through different indices.
- Users can tap on a script to see the details.
- Several chart types are available for technical analysis.
- Ventura Wealth enables its clients to trade across various segments right from their smartphones. It has various features like daily research reports, trading calls and tips across multiple trading products. A few of the key features of the app are:
- Customizable market watch area.
- Real-time portfolio tracker.
- Live market updates.
- Various chart types such as line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks charts.
- Change text setting in terms of amount unit, size, preferred index, etc.
- Access a real-time portfolio tracker.
- Ventura Commodities is a mobile app that is primarily designed to cater to the needs of those clients who are interested particularly in Commodity trading. This trading platform allows the clients to check margin status across commodities, place trades, edit or cancel orders, etc. Its major features are:
- Market watch units gauge the performance of the commodities.
- Users can customize order preferences, watchlists and market status.
- It offers margin, order or trade book and net position reports.
- It is free software and a user-friendly application.