Having an idea about the official-national holidays helps you to plan your vacations wisely. These holidays when planned in synchronization with the weekends give you an awesome relaxing lobby. So we present you the list of holidays for different stock exchanges like NSE holidays, BSE holidays and bank holidays as well for the year 2021. You can positively take help from this list to plan your next family outing or vacation.
List of Trading Holidays for BSE & NSE – NSE and BSE Holidays 2021
Here is the detailed list for the equity trading exchanges in India, including NSE & BSE. On normal days both the stock market opens at 09:15 AM and closes at 03:30 PM.
Trading Holidays List for MCX & NCDEX 2021
On normal days the MCX and NCDEX markets function from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
List of Trading Holidays of MCX Market in 2021
List of Bank Holidays for the year 2021
What is NSE?
National Stock Exchange often abbreviated as NSE, is a Mumbai-based stock exchange. It is the country’s prominent demutualized electronic stock exchange formulated in the year 1992. NSE has the accolade of being the largest stock exchange with regards to its annual turnover. The exchange was revolutionized with the electronic screen-based trading interface in the year 1994. NSE launched internet trading and index futures in the year 2000. NSE lets traders trade in the following segments-
In the equities section-
- Mutual Funds
- Exchange-Traded Funds
- Security Lending and Borrowing Schemes
In the derivatives section-
- Equity Derivatives
- Interest Rate Futures Debt
- Currency Derivatives
- Corporate Bonds
Role of NSE
NSE basically involves-
- Establishing a nationwide trade facility that offers debts, equities, and other trade instruments.
- Providing an efficient, fair, and transparent securities domain to investors that can be mediated through electronic trading systems.
- Ensuring equal access to the nation’s investors and providing them with appropriate mediums of communication.
- Enabling a shorter settlement span.
- Meeting the current standards of the international securities market.
What is BSE?
The BSE or the Bombay Stock Exchange is the country’s oldest and largest securities market, tracing its roots back to the year 1875. It was earlier recognized as the Native Share And Stock Brokers’ Association. It currently has 6,000 listed companies that rank it amongst the world’s largest exchanges.
Role of BSE
- Providing marketability and liquidity to existing securities.
- Monitoring of security pricing.
- Ensuring transactional safety.
- Contributing to the country’s economic growth.
- Spreading the equity cult.
- Providing speculatory scope.
What is MCX?
MCX stands for Multi-Commodity Exchange is the countries prominent exchange where trading of commodities takes place. It deals with trade settlement, online trading, and concluding commodity futures transactions, effectively providing the quintessential risk management platform to traders. The exchange was established in the year 2003 under FMC’s regulatory framework.
Traders can trade the following commodities on MCX
- Base Metals
- Agro Commodities
What is NCDEX?
NCDEX stands for National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited which is responsible for facilitating trade in softer commodities, unlike MCX. It incepted in the year 2003, and thus boasts of advanced technology. It offers the clients N-charts, a proprietary warehouse accounting procedure called COMTRACK, and many other free of cost technical analysis tools.