Last updated on: November 11, 2023
Due to their lack of delivery fees and cheap, flat trading fees (Rs. 20), Zerodha and mStock are two of the most popular bargain brokers in India. Small amounts of money (Rs 20 each trade) can get you a lot of opportunities to make deals in bulk. To start, M Stock and Zerodha are identical in fees and features. Between Zerodha vs mStock, Zerodha has more than 12 lakh customers and is the largest discount broker.
With 9756 paying customers in less than 6 months after entering the Indian stock market.
There are, however, a few distinctions. While Zerodha has consistently ranked as traders’ favorite bargain broker, M Stock has emerged as the frontrunner in recent months.
Because of Zerodha’s superior customer service and the M Stock margin trading facility’s low-interest rate, M Stock traders may put more money into their trading accounts.
Depending on your needs, you may establish an account with either M Stock or Zerodha. When compared to other bargain brokers, the service provided by these two firms is unmatched.
With my comparison of Zerodha and M Stock, you may choose the platform that best suits your trading preferences. Let’s first do a quick comparison of the two discount brokers based on the most crucial criteria, and then go on to the in-depth analysis.
Review Of m.Stock
With over 25 years of expertise in financial management services with locations in Brazil, the USA, Indonesia, China, and now India, M Stock has established itself as a reliable resource for investors and traders.
Its global reach is a reflection of its success thus far and its potential for future expansion. So, why do so many people put their faith in M Stock? First, let’s take a closer look at a few of the issues.
Checking a stockbroker’s clientele and complaint ratio is a good way to gauge the broker’s popularity and success.
The current complaint rate for M Stock on the NSE is 0.04%. According to the data, out of a total of 9756 customers, only 4 have filed a complaint, and of those 4, 3 have been resolved, demonstrating that the broker does not get many complaints and, when it does, treats them seriously, therefore fostering customer confidence.
Benefits Of m.Stock
After extensive research and evaluation, we have arrived at our two most crucial findings: the benefits and drawbacks of utilizing this stockbroker and its best trading app in India. Initially, let’s discuss the plus sides:
- Provide two of the most cost-effective pricing structures of any discount broker in India.
- Permanent exemption from commissions on stock trades
- No annual maintenance fees for a demat account.
- There’s a 149 plan that lets you try out the service for cheap before committing to the 999 plan.
- Refer a friend to open a demat account and receive a cash bonus!
- Provides access to a large selection of investment options
- Quick and painless onboarding
- Easily submit an IPO application
- An easy-to-navigate program that can be used by both experienced traders and newcomers.
- Access to dependable market data and financial statistics for fundamental research, and a plethora of technical indicators and chart formats to accommodate investors and traders alike.
- Direct and easy means of transferring money
- Customer service that is easy to reach
Well, there must be some drawbacks if there are benefits. Now let’s talk about the downsides of M Stock.
- Because of its nature as a bargain broker, it does not maintain a physical location.
- There is currently no way to buy, sell, or invest in food products.
- 120 per quarter as a somewhat high AMC for a cheap broker.
- A few bugs in the broker’s app are to be expected given its still-relatively-recent introduction to the market and its ongoing commitment to continuous improvement.
Zerodha Demat & Trading Account Review
With its innovative price concept of $0 brokerage for delivery and fix Rs. 20 for other trades, Zerodha was the first cheap broking firm in India. When it comes to cheap brokers in India, Zerodha is without a peer. Their excellent assistance to customers is the main cause for their achievement. There is a helpful response time whether calling or emailing customer service. Zerodha provides a resource site with tools like calculators, news and circulars, and application and other relevant forms to help you with any questions you may have. Some discount brokers tried to imitate Zerodha’s low prices, but they couldn’t match the quality of service that Zerodha provided.
You may make trades with Zerodha’s assistance.
- Stocks & IPO
- Derivatives – Stocks, Commodity and Currency
- Direct mutual funds
- Bonds and Govt-Securities
What follows is a list of benefits that may be gained by using Zerodha. Before signing up for a Zerodha account, you should consider the pros and cons of using the service. Considering the benefits and drawbacks of Zerodha might help you decide if it is right for your financial goals.
- Zerodha, India’s largest stockbroker, has the most customers and is the most recommended by experts (by the number of active clients and daily trading volume).
- Indian broker with the highest levels of safety, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Finest trading apps & software – A Kite, a Game System, and a Coin
- Brokerage Cash-and-carry stock purchases are not subject to brokerage fees (CNC). The delivery deal has no leverage. When you make a purchase, the requisite number of shares will be sent to your Demat account, and when you sell, the corresponding number of shares will be removed.
- In terms of fees, they are the most affordable stock broker in India. No matter the amount of the deal, the fee is 0.03% or Rs 20 per executed order. Customers will pay no more than Rs 20 in brokerage fees for each trade.
- Refer a friend to Zerodha and both of you will receive a 10% brokerage share.
- Zerodha is a self-clearing broker, meaning that it does not use a third party to settle trades. Customers have not assessed any sort of clearance fee.
- The ability to pay as you go Zerodha’s brokerage plan is a no-frills pay-as-you-go arrangement. Prepaid investment programs on the stock market are currently unavailable.
- Long-term stop-loss and target orders may be set using Zerodha GTT orders.
- An all-new mobile app, Zerodha Kite 3 mobile, with major performance and user experience advancements was developed for both passive investors and active day traders.
- To participate in upcoming Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), all you need is an internet connection and a Zerodha account.
Con’s of Zerodha (Disadvantages)
We’ve compiled a list of some of the issues with Zerodha. Review the issues that Zerodha has had to date.
- Does not offer investment advice, market analysis, or product endorsements.
- There are no programs available that allow for unlimited monthly trading.
- There are no options available for AMC demat accounts that are free forever.
- For MIS/BO/CO situations that are not squared off by the client, an extra Rs 50 will be charged per completed order.
- Using Call & Trade will cost you an extra Rs 50 for each trade you make.
- Since Zerodha does not offer banking services, a 3-in-1 trading account is not an option.
- The Zerodha Back Office (console) is not connected to the trading platform in the same way that it is with most 3-in-1 account providers. Overnight, the server-side data would be refreshed.
- There are no Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) on the BSE. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can issue initial public offerings on the NSE.
Conclusion (Zerodha vs mStock Which is Better)
Reasons Why You May Like Zerodha
With Zerodha, a newcomer to the world of stock trading may get their feet wet without breaking the bank. The reasonable margins of 12.5x and the fixed rate of Rs. 20 for each trade mean you may trade without worrying about incurring massive losses.
Considerations That May Lead You to Choose M Stock
Only around 4 months have passed since Mirae Asset unveiled its investing platform called M Stock, but in that time the brokerage has quickly gained widespread recognition. However, because of its novelty, many people continue to question whether or not M Stock is trustworthy, questioning if it is any good or secure. Therefore, it is recommended to periodically review the broker’s offerings.