In this article, we compare Indian share brokers 5paisa and Zerodha side by side. For easy decision-making, the comparison is based on more than 100 parameters. We specifically analysed the brokerage plans, plan kinds, customer service, maintenance costs, AMC, trading platforms, ratings, and reviews, mobile apps, and the investment options offered to share brokers in India by 5paisa vs Zerodha. It will make things more precise and assist you in making an informed decision, allowing you to select the finest broker for your needs.
5paisa and Zerodha
Leading online stockbroker 5paisa.com provides Indian retail investors with low-cost brokerage services. The founders of IIFL have advocated the professionally run and publicly listed 5paisa Capital Ltd. It had more than 1.2 million clients as of March 2021. BSE, NSE, and MCX offer this online trading in stocks, commodities, and currencies. It is a cheap stockbroker with a fixed charge. Regardless of the deal, section, or exchange amount, a fixed 20 Rs brokerage fee is charged. Additionally, it provides the Basic Pack, Power Investor Pack, and Ultra Trader Pack as three membership levels. These programmes provide you with several advantages, such as zero account starting fees and flat fees.
In contrast, Zerodha is the biggest and most well-known broker, providing online flat-cost discount brokerage services to invest in equity, currency, commodities, initial public offerings, and direct mutual funds. For equities delivery trades and direct mutual funds, there is no brokerage fee of Rs. It charges a fixed fee of Rs 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lesser) for intraday and F&O trades. With Zerodha, the most you’ll ever spend in brokerage is Rs 20 for an order (of any size, amount or segment).
Difference Between 5paisa And Zerodha
Both brokers provide investments in equity, F&O, currency, and commodities and are registered with SEBI. While Zerodha Max charges Rs 20 in commission, 5paisa Max charges Rs 20 for every trade. They are both discount brokers. Comparing 5paisa to Zerodha, the latter has a generally worse rating. Zerodha is rated 4.5 out of 5 whereas 5paisa is only given a rating of 4. While there are 15,06,966 active 5paisa consumers, there are 66,09,384 active Zerodha customers. Compared to 5paisa, Zerodha serves more clients.
- Both regular and direct mutual funds are available through 5paisa Mutual Funds. For online mutual fund investments, there is a 5paisa change fixed rate of Rs 10 per executed transaction. An investor has two investment options: lump-sum and SIP.
- Under its depository participant participation with CDSL, a 5paisa Demat account is made available. In March 2019, CDSL selects it as a Premier Depository Participant.
- The 5paisa trading platform consists of an Installable Trading Terminal, a Trading Website, and a Mobile Trading App. These platforms, which are known for making the best use of mobile technology in financial services, were developed using the most recent technology.
- One of 5paisa’s most essential products is its online mutual fund investment account. A Mutual Funds Investment Account can be opened with 5paisa without any cost. Systematic Investing Plans (SIP), an automated recurring investment option using mutual funds in the stock market, are another service provided by 5paisa. Customers have free access to the “Auto Investor” programme, which supports online money market counselling. This tool aids in selecting the appropriate funds based on the risk and return assumptions of each.
- The only discount broker that offers thorough research and advice on more than 4,000 firms is 5paisa. We provide both short- and long-term calls, derivative techniques, and investment ideas based on portfolios.
- By paying only a portion of the delivery purchased in the cash section, 5Paisa offers its customers the option of margin trading funding. For the remaining amount, 5paisa provides a modest daily rate of 0.06%.
- 5paisa is a one-stop shop for all financial goods, including mutual funds, gold, peer-to-peer lending, insurance, and US investments.
- Portfolio Analyzer is a tool provided by 5paisa that allows you to independently assess the performance of your portfolio and enhance your investing approach.
- At the current time, Zerodha is the top stock broker. They are the most transparent stock broker and provide a great online trading platform at a reasonable brokerage cost. They are the fintech firm in India that is expanding the fastest because of constant innovation and development.
- It is one of the safest, most dependable, and trustworthy brokers. It is the largest brokerage by active customers, market volume, and new customer acquisition.
- They offer the most cutting-edge online trading tools and don’t charge any brokerage for Mutual Funds and Equity Delivery. The maximum brokerage fee per trade is Rs 20. You may reduce your brokerage costs by 60% to 90% compared to typical brokers.
- It provides zero commission direct mutual funds up to 20x intraday leverage.
- All investors, including novices, active traders, and investors can use Zerodha, including active and passive investors.
- The most cutting-edge stock broker in India is today with Zerodha Kite (a web and mobile trading application), Coin (a platform for investing in mutual funds), Varsity (an investor education programme), Trading Q&A, and many more products Zerodha has developed its own comprehensive trading software.
- Additionally, Zerodha offers the following platforms: Sensible (options trading platform), Small Case (thematic investing platform), Streak (algo & strategy tool), and GoldenPi (bonds trading platform).
|Transaction Charges Compare||5paisa||Zerodha|
|Equity Delivery||Rs 325 Per Cr||Rs 325 Per Cr|
|Equity Intraday||Rs 325 Per Cr||Rs 325 Per Cr|
|Equity Futures||Rs 190 Per Cr||Rs 190 Per Cr|
|Equity Options||Rs 5000 Per Cr||Rs 5000 Per Cr|
|Currency Futures||Rs 90 Per Cr||Rs 135 Per Cr|
|Currency Options||Rs 4000 Per Cr||Rs 4400 Per Cr|
|Commodity||Rs 260 Per Cr||Non-Agri: Rs 360 Per Cr | Agri: Rs 275 Per Cr|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges(AMC)||₹300 pa||₹300 pa|
|Statutory charges||Nil||₹ 50|
|Transaction Charges on Debit (Per ISIN)||₹12.50 per ISIN||₹8 + ₹5.50 (CDSL Charges) per transaction|