Last updated on October 26, 2022
Established in 1994, Kotak Securities is one of India’s leading bank-based full-service stock brokers. It has come a long way by offering a wide range of investment and trading services through its various financial offerings to its clients.
It is an active participant with both the depositories – NSDL and CSDL. This stock provides services like – trading in stock markets, investing in IPOs, Mutual Funds or Currency Derivatives employing online or offline modes. It boasts of a 3-in-1 account enabling investors to open a Demat, trading as well as a bank account in association with Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited.
Kotak Securities has nearly 59 lakh customer accounts and over 5 lakh trades are done per day. With 1281 branches and franchisees, the firm is spread in more than 350 cities across India.
Kotak Securities Account Opening Charges :
|Account Opening charges – Trading account||Rs. 0|
|Annual maintenance charges – Trading account||Rs. 0|
|Account Opening charges – Demat account||Rs. 0|
|Annual maintenance charges – Demat account||Rs. 50 + Gst per month|
Kotak Securities offers different types of accounts as per user’s requirement:
- AutoInvest is an online trading account which allows investors to plan their investment in Equities and Mutual Funds. The advisor provides recommendations according to investors’ risk competence and investment plans. A minimum investment of Rs. 5000 is needed for the account.
- Kotak Gateway account discloses the gateway to a landscape of investing opportunities for beginners. The users can trade anywhere, anytime with the help of the internet. Even the call and trade facility is available here and Investors can also trade Currency Derivatives using this account.
Kotak Securities has features like – SMS alerts, research reports, free news and market updates from time to time for the account holders. The most salient feature is the call and trade facility. Any person can activate a Kotak Gateway account by choosing an amount ranging between Rs 20,000 to 5 00,000. It can be in form of a cash deposit or the value of the shares you buy. Brokerage charges are based on the account type.
- Kotak Privilege Circle – is the premium investment account provided by Kotak Securities.
With Kotak Gateway account benefits, the firm offers independent market expertise and full-fledged support through a devoted relationship manager and a special customer service desk, providing help with account opening, day-to-day problems handling, etc.
It provides KEAT premium which is an exclusive online tool that allows investors to keep a check on the market and view their gains and losses on a real-time basis.
- Other types include Kotak Freedom, Kotak Super Saver, NRI Account, etc.
- The Trinity Account is an integrated account created to help investors relish the advantages of an online Trading, Bank and Demat Account on a single platform for their security transaction. It gives the convenience of fund transfer and online trading.
m.Stock is one of the most popular discount brokers in India. It is governed by the South Korean financial giant Mirae Asset. The broker has made its space in the broking sector for its attractive prices and other investment features. Although the financial firm has stepped into the stock market industry recently (April 2022) and is taking baby steps, it has already become a giant in mutual fund services.
Within less than six months, the discount stock broking house has fetched around 9750 and more clients. It manages over 35 million customers investing in mutual funds in India. Besides its great and affordable pricing, the firm offers trading and investing facilities across multiple segments through its trading platforms. It also offers a margin trading facility at a very inexpensive interest rate making trading by availing margins far more affordable for the traders.
The range of services, investments and trade segments offered by the South-Korea based stock broking firm include:
- Futures & Options
- Currency and Commodity Trading
- Mutual Funds
- Index Baskets
m.Stock has the concept of Zero Brokerage which is life-changing for Indian investors and traders stalled by high brokerages. With a one-time fee of ₹999, the customers can enjoy zero brokerage for life, across all products without restrictions and conditions.
Additionally, the firm gives the customers the option to pay an additional one-time fee of ₹999 and waive off Demat charges for life. The account opening is Rs. 149 and a quarterly Demat AMC plan of Rs. 120 with a brokerage charge at a flat Rs. 20 per order.
The key Features of m.Stock are :
- Direct mutual fund plans help elevate the client’s ROI
- An intuitive interface with unique features is available.
- Up to 7 Watchlists with 50 Stocks each.
- Advanced order placement options.
- Info-Rich screens provide a single view screen for a complete portfolio.
- There’s a carefully crafted “Home Screen” with real-time updates.
- Live portfolio tracker with smart actions.
- Quick voice search for stocks.
- Smart calculators to facilitate quick and easy dealing decisions
- Trading charts with buying or selling feature
- Fundamental Analysis & real-time Technical Data
|Charges||Equity Delivery||Equity intraday|
|Brokerage||Zero Brokerage||Zero Brokerage|
|Call & Trade Charges||Zero Charges||Zero Charges|
|Transaction charges||NSE 0.00345%||NSE 0.00345%|
|SEBI charges||₹ 10/Crore||₹ 10/Crore|