Last updated on November 2, 2022
The term “mobile trading” describes the use of wireless technologies in the trading of securities. Instead of being limited to conventional trading methods via computer, mobile trading enables investors to access trading platforms from their phones. Users of smartphones now have easier access to actively manage their portfolios even when they are away from a desktop or laptop thanks to such technologies.
While mobile devices, such as Android phones and iPhones, have always allowed users to check the stock market’s performance, mobile trading apps provide access to online trading platforms, which can be utilized to execute trades instantly from anywhere. Every major brokerage has an Android app or iPhone app or both, to allow their customers to trade directly from their mobile devices.
Mobile trading has allowed individuals to become traders and investors, not only from the comfort of their own homes but also from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. This means people can trade from work or vacation in faraway lands. With trading-only apps, such as Robinhood and its commission-free trading, mobile seems to be the most convenient and indeed cheapest way for most people to trade.
Nearly every month, a brand-new mobile trading app is released, and several new traders and investors have entered the market. Now that trading is possible on cell phones, both institutional and retail clients have increased. Stock trading is now accessible to you with user-friendly interfaces and round-the-clock accessibility thanks to sharing market applications. The switch from desktop terminals or other trading systems to mobile investment applications or on-the-go trading hasn’t been completely smooth, either.
Important Advantages of Mobile Trading Apps:
Usability: Mobile trading applications make it simple and quick to place orders. Compared to desktop terminals, it is significantly easier to use.
- Using a mobile trading app, you may access market data at all times, including shares, commodities, stock indexes, etc. Live portfolio reviews and market updates are also possible. You may also monitor your portfolio’s performance thus far and its underlying assets.
- Notification feature: The notification function is one of the best elements of share market apps. The app will give you alerts no matter where you are to let you know about the most recent happenings in your portfolio and broker suggestions.
- Users of internet trading applications can follow real-time information on events about a certain stock or market segment.
- Trading applications also provide knowledge from professionals or brokerage companies in the form of current research papers.
- Analysis and charts: The historical charts and analysis function of trading apps allow you to view historical index data, and stock prices, and give analytical tools for the same.
List Of The Best Trading Apps In India
1.Upstox PRO Trading App-
The Upstox PRO Trading App is one of the best stock brokers in India. This app is owned by Upstox PRO- a very popular mobile trading app. This app has a web version also. This app has received positive reviews with an Android rating of- 4.3/5 stars. Around 1 crore people have downloaded this app. This app can also limit after the market order. Termed the most popular one this app is an easy user experience.
- Universal search tool to find easy and complex stocks.
- Charts of different intervals, types, and drawing styles.
- It applies 100+ technical indicators on a real-time basis.
- Trade straight from charts with the Trade from Charts (TFC) feature.
Some drawbacks are- it is having a limited number of features from other apps. And also, there is no investment support for IPOs and FPOs.
This app is best for active traders and has around 2 million clients all over India. It provides you with proper guidance for buying and selling products and provides a wide range of products to build a diversified portfolio. You can trade anytime and from anywhere from this app. Also, the app updates you about the market news.
- Advanced charts to help you do market research.
- Research reports help you make better investment decisions.
- Relationship managers monitor your portfolio.
This all-in-one stock trading solution app is another best trading apps in India. This has more than 5 million clients all over India and has 4.2/5 stars in Android ratings. This app offers you a wide range of stocks to trade in, through an easy-to-use and extremely useful mobile app. Also, this app can be used in 10 regional languages and has an extensive chart to view the market conditions. Irrespective of the volume, the firm charges Rs 20 per transaction. They have free long-term equity delivery trades. They have also some innovative and user-friendly trading platforms. They also provide financial education materials and also direct mutual fund investment from the same Demat account.
- 6 chart types to help you evaluate the market conditions.
- Advanced options for placing orders, like Brackets and covers, After Market Order (AMO), and more.
- Gives you market news and keeps you updated about the events that can cause a change in the value of stocks.
- Easy to use mobile app.
Groww app is best for plenty of tradable items. This app is popular because it has the option of trading in gold, stocks, fixed deposits, and more at the same time. This app doesn’t require any account opening chargers along with no maintenance charger.
- It has learning resources.
- -Withdraw 50,000 or 90% of the total money invested (whichever is lower) per day.
- -Self-directed trading.
- -Advanced charts to help you study the market trends.
- The only disadvantage is the unavailability of advanced order types.
5Paisa Online Trading App-
This is the most popular trading app in India. This is one of the top trading apps in India because of the advanced charts, user-friendly interface, learning resources, and auto-investing features. This app is very easy to use and has all the research tools. 5 Paisa allows trading across Equity, F&O, and Currency on NSE and BSE at a discount brokerage of Rs. 10 per executed order, making it one of the best stock brokers in India.
- Trade-in stocks, mutual funds, currencies, commodities, and more.
- Auto-investing feature works based on your specific goals.
- Easy to use interface.
- Buying and selling are done with a single click.
- Advanced charts to help you research the market conditions.
Motilal Oswal MO Investor App-
Best for powerful AI features that help in building a better portfolio, this app has a rating of 3.6/5 stars in Android ratings. Its smart artificial intelligence features deliver tips and suggestions on how to enhance your portfolio. This app has also market analysis tools and guidance for investing. This also provides you with price alerts from time to time.
- Trade-in digital gold, without any paperwork.
- Expert-made market analysis reports are available for you.
- Learning resources for beginners as well as advanced traders.
- Gives recommendations to improve your portfolio.
- Supports English, Gujarati, Hindi, and Tamil languages.
Trade Smart is one of the best discount brokers in India. They provide low brokerages, high margins, and fast-trading platforms to their investors or traders. They also offer brokerage services in stock, futures & options, commodity, and currency trading segments.
They offer a flat brokerage of Rs 15 per trade irrespective of the trading volume in its ‘Value’ trading plan. Currently, they are offering a flat 100% off on the Account Opening Charges for the Trade Brains’ readers. They offer zero additional software charges and a Zero Demat AMC charge for the first year.