Last updated on: January 10, 2024
Among various available options in Indian stock trading segment, Kotak Stock Trader app is quite popular. Much gets clear from the name itself, the mobile trading app is backed by Kotak Securities, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, a prominent name in the Indian banking industry.
Setup in the year 1994, the stock broker has come a long way by providing a range of financial products to its clients. Whether you want to trade in stock markets, invest in IPOs, Mutual Funds or Currency Derivatives employing online or offline modes, Kotak Securities has it all at your disposal. And its Kotak Stock Trader App plays an active role in making its clients happy.
Kotak Securities is not just a stock broking firm. It is also an active participant with NSDL and the CSDL. That means you can now carry out transactions using its stock broking services and settle your trades using the depository services!
The name Kotak is synonymous to advanced banking technology and cutting-edge financial products.
Do you know?
Kotak Stock Trader App offers trade in equities, derivatives and currency derivatives, track your portfolio, get live streaming market updates and stock quotes, and loads more.
The stock trading app has
- 500K+ downloads
- 4+ Android Version Rating
- Update Frequency -12-16 weeks
Kotak Stock Trader Mobile App – Pros
Some of the major benefits of Kotak Stock trader Mobile App are:
- Online Trading – Buy and sell securities, cancel and modify orders on BSE and NSE anytime anywhere. There is an option to set your stop loss price and trigger price through the mobile trading application.
- Track your stock portfolio on real time basis by checking your current holding and positions right on the mobile app.
- Get live quotes, tips and intraday charts, track market movements by the minute, get alerts on Indices right on your mobile phone screen. By using the mobile trading application, you can view intraday and end of the day movements for any scripts on different exchanges in the form of candlestick charts, line charts or OHLC Charts.
- Create watchlists – Track the scripts of your choice by making personalized watchlists. You can also access the default watchlists as well as watch ‘My Investments’ and ‘My Positions’ on the mobile share trading software.
- Transfer Funds – Move funds between your bank account and online trading account easily. You can even transfer funds from your bank account into your mutual fund account via Stock Trader.
- Check Margin – Check available funds in your account and total margin on your account by clicking on ‘Available Funds’. This section of the mobile trading application also gives you the limits you have available against shares in your account.
- Enjoy multi-layered security for your data – The Stock Trader mobile app employs the existing order routing system of Kotak Securities and is secured using HTTPS. The highest level of encryption i.e. AES 128-bit encryption is used by the mobile share trading software.
- New version alerts – After you download the application, you’ll get instant notifications each time a newer, updated version of the Stock Trader is released.
Other benefits of Kotak Stock Trader Mobile App:
- All the benefits of a full-fledged online trading platform, right inside your mobile phone
- Supreme level of security for all your account and trading data
- Never miss an opportunity to buy or sell, with real time stock market updates on the go.
- Up to date information on all your investments at a glance, without logging into your computer or digging through physical statements.
- Option to rectify or cancel trades even when you are not near a trading terminal.
- Online demo is also available
Cons of Kotak Stock Trader Mobile App
- The last updated on the mobile app was done nearly 8 months ago. This is truly a big concern as the best technology is what that keeps updating itself more often.
- As the Kotak Securities customer care is average, there have been some issues raised around the mobile app especially the high turnaround time.
- Various performance related concerns have been noticed regardless of the internet speed
- Some of the basic features such as ‘Stock Price Alert’ are not available on the app.
- There is a great scope of frequent mobile updates for the mobile app. This is of great value especially if you want to keep your customers updated with latest technology and security features.
Conclusion – Kotak Stock Trader App Review
Overall, it can be said that those who are looking for a highly reliable stock trading option, Kotak Stock Trader app is just right for them. It boasts of all the wide ranging features that make stock trading effective and seamless.
However, you may come across performance lags at various occasions or sections apart from the point that you can’t place traders in the commodity segment on the mobile app.
At the outset, the app is quite popular in the market and can be termed better-than-average among other mobile trading apps in India.