IIFL Securities (India Infoline Limited) is one of the leading stockbroking houses in India. Sponsored and supported by none other than IIFL Holdings Limited, the full-service broking house offers a wide range of financial services to clients including loans, mortgages, and brokerage.
IIFL Securities is a subsidiary of the IIFL Group, one of the top-rated financial service providers in India offering wealth management, consumer finance, asset management, and personal finance services. Through this IIFL Securities Review, we tried to cover IIFL history, their brokerage charges, trading platforms and other important points that every investors and traders should know.
The firm is primarily known for its superlative degree of quality in the field of online trading and research-based advisory. Its financial products are spread across various segments such as Stocks, Derivatives, Commodities, Insurance, FDs, Loans, IPO and Bonds, etc.
From web-based trading and investment to best-researched advisory services, IIFL Securities has carved its name and reputation in today’s rapidly-growing Indian economy. There are quite a few stockbrokers in India whose in-house research and advisory services had been truly rewarding amongst all others and IIFL Securities is one of them.
It was the year 1995 when Mr. Nirmal Jain, an ex-commodity trader in HUL left his job to turn his dream into realities. This is when the birth of today’s prestigious IIFL Group took place. In fact, he came up with India’s first online trading website in the year 2000.
Being a Chartered Accountants from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Master of Business Administration from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM)– Ahmedabad, he was loaded with all the fundamental skills one needs to stay ahead in today’s cut-throat business world.
He first commenced the company as an equity research firm and progressively he expanded his offerings and at present, it provides Life Insurance, stockbroking service, Mutual Fund, Commodities, Fixed Deposits, Loans, IPO, Bonds, NRI Services, and other related services. The firm also has its branches in various countries of the world including Dubai, Colombo, New York, UK, Mauritius, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
IIFL Securities has an active presence across BSE, NSE, MCX, and NCDEX. Over the years, the broking house has offered personalized products & services that put it miles ahead of its counterparts. The exceptional level of customer support provided by IIFL has no match in the industry.
Reasons to choose IIFL Securities – Key Points of IIFL Securities Review
For those looking to associated with IIFL Securities, it is necessary to understand the following points:
- The innovative technology of IIFL makes it quite easy for users to trade and invest any time anywhere.
- The team of experts comes up with well-researched reports, charts, suggestions and recommendations that help investors make sound investment decisions.
- The platform is extremely user friendly as there is no particular training needed for a fresh investor. One can easily explore all the available features before investing that will help him enjoy seamless trading.
- The customized stock advisory services are provided to each client on an exclusive basis and this is one reason why IIFL has so many clients today.
- They also offer customer-centric brokerage plans based on the specific requirements of each investor and trader being either a daily investor or an active trader.
- They have an active presence in all major cities within India and even overseas.
- Their trading platform ‘Trading Terminal’ is based on advanced technology.
- They accept personal Fixed Deposits as collateral security for the margin funding.
Account Opening Charges at IIFL
The account opening charges at IIFL under the standard plan are as given below:
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Zero
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): ₹ 400 (First Year free)
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Zero
- Trading Account Annual Maintenance Charges: Zero
Awards & Accolades
Since its inception, IIFL Securities have won several awards and accolades from industry pioneers.
Some of the leading ones are:
- ‘Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management’ for the year 2019 at Singapore Global Convention
- ‘Best Broker with Global Presence’ from BSE IPF
- India Infoline receives Mobby’s Award at World Marketing Congress for ‘Best Financial Website’
- IIFL bags NSE Market Achievers Awards 2017 as the best IPO Bidding Member – Retail | Group
IIFL Brokerage Charges & Plans
The main brokerage charges and plans offered by IIFL are Flat Brokerage Plan (FBP), Variable Brokerage Plan (VBP), Advanced Brokerage Plan and Value Added Subscription Plan (VAS). The charges covered under these plans are comprised of Brokerage and Transaction Charges, Account Opening Charges, and Other Relevant Charges.
Flat Brokerage Plan (FBP)
Variable Brokerage Plan (VBP)
IIFL Securities VBP Plan brokerage rates vary in percentage depending upon the volume of trade transactions done during a month.
- Intraday (both sides) – 0.02% to 0.05%
- Delivery – 0.15% to 0.60%
- Futures (both sides) – 0.02% to 0.05%
- Options (both sides) – ₹100 per lot or 1% to 2.5% of the premium, whichever of the two is higher
Value Added Subscription Plan (VAS)
– In addition to the above brokerage plans, IIFL Securities offers its customers Value Added Subscription Plans. The plans have a one-year validity and the fee is non-refundable.
These plans appeal to a lot of investors, especially one that trades frequently.
Further, there are more slabs with 25K, 45K,75K, 1Lakh Value Added Subscriptions. The details are mentioned in the list below :