NEST Trader is a highly advanced desktop trading software in India. Nest Trader is terminal based Trading platform that helps traders and investors monitor markets, place orders seamlessly and buy and sell shares in real time.
The biggest advantages with NEST Trader are:
- Personalized interface
- Low latency and enterprise level stability
- Multi-monitor support
- High-end charting and order types
Downloading and installing NEST Trader is really very pretty simple! You can follow the steps mentioned below to download and install NEST Trader on your system easily.
- Download NEST Trader
- After the file is downloaded on your system, use WinZip/WinRar to extract the file that you have downloaded in the same folder.
- Double click on the file “NEST_Trader_Setup.EXE” that is inside the extracted folder.
- Click on “Next” button.
- You will arrive at the Terms and Conditions page. Click on the small checkbox to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on “Next” button.
- Enter your User Name and Company Name.
- Click on the “Next” Button.
- Choose the “Complete” option and then click on “Next” button.
- Click on “Install” button.
- Click on “Finish” button, once the installation is complete.
- A shortcut for NEST Trader is created on your desktop screen.
Process To Install NEST Trader:
- Choose date and time: IST ((UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi).
- Right-click on the NEST launcher.
- Go to “Properties”
- Click on “Properties” button under Properties Tab.
- Click on the “Advanced” option under Shortcut Tab.
- Tick the “Run as Administrator”
- Click on the “OK”
- Double click on NEST Launcher.
- That’s done.
A large number of stock brokers across the country count on NEST Trader for smoother trading experience. Some of the leading stock brokers include Upstox, Trade Smart Online, Zerodha, Karvy Online etc.
This trading software can be used across various segments including Equity, Commodity, and Currency.
System Configuration & Process
Below are the configuration details for Nest trader that you must know.
- .Net Framework 3.5 sp1
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
- RAM 4 GB for a top trading experience.
In a bid to use NEST trader, you need to download and install the Dot net framework on your laptop or desktop. The framework can be easily downloaded on the internet.
In addition, the RAM size of your system must be at least 4 GB or above otherwise you may come across a number of problems when the application stalls in the middle, and that can be very troubling!
NEST Trader Features
Here are some of the major advantages of using NEST Trader for your trading needs.
- Facility to include multiple Market watch lists. Users can just add the scrips of their preference and keep a watch on different metrics, data points and the overall movement of the stock(s) within the watchlist. Users also have the options to add or remove specific columns as per their preference from the layout.
- Users can also add different market watchlists to groups to keep the whole monitoring process segregated.
- “Orderbook” feature allows the user to have a rapid look at the details of the placed orders for both buy and sell trades.
- ‘Market Meter‘ helps traders to check which stocks are taking the market up and which ones are bringing it down.
- Snap Quote feature allows the users to check out the current situation of a particular scrip. This can be done by just pressing F6, with which a small pop up window is displayed to the user with details on the scrip such as Open, High/Low price, top 5 bid/ask and more as shown below:
- Using the mix of “Alt” key with “F6”, the user can appeal the “Net Positions” window, that gives a detailed snapshot of user’s market position across indices and exchanges.
- With the “Ticker” feature, the user can add particular scrips and in case of any trade in the added scrips, the trade details (trade price and quantity) are shown on top of the terminal in the ticker space.
- With “Combined Market Depth” feature, users can check the top 10 bid and ask along with the quantity and price of the stocks.
- Charting functionality for technical and fundamental analysis with multiple types of charts available.
- A powerful risk management system in place within the trading platform for any unexpected circumstances.
- Third party integrations available across technical analysis softwares, tools etc.
- Some of the different charts available for your usage are shown below including Line, Bar, Candle charts etc.
- Nonetheless, if you are looking to carry out a detailed technical or fundamental analysis, then you can use from different drawing tools at your disposal. These drawing tools help you to draw possible trends in a particular stock or index before you place the trade.
- Eventually, there are 100+ technical indicators available for traders so that they can get automated signs from the trading platforms. These technical indicators help to save a lot of trader’s time in arriving at a sound decision, perceiving that the trader understands which indicator to use when.
Other benefits of NEST Trader
Below are some of the benefits of using NEST Trader as your trading application:
- NEST trader is one of the fast-performing trading applications in the market. This suggests even if the number of simultaneous trader’s surges at any point in time, there will be very few or examples of the application going through any hitch.
- Various short keys available with a provision to add new ones. For example, to log out of the application, users can press F10, Buy order entry with F1. This helps in rapid order placements and making sure trades are executed at the right moments.
- Users can place more than one order using the “Simultaneous Order” entry feature. For this, the user needs to launch a dialog box of the feature and place more than 1 order at the same time.
- Various types of orders available including cover order, basket order, AMO etc.
- Different types of utility tools available such as Option Calculator, Position Analysis, Alerts, Notifications and more.
NEST Trader Disadvantages
Here are some of the issues related to NEST Trader that you must be aware of:
- You must use an impressive internet bandwidth for consistent and hassle-free user experience. Else, you may face login and/or connectivity issues with the software.
- The general look and feel and the overall trading experience can definitely be improved from the user’s point of view.
- As this software does not belong to a particular stockbroker, therefore, in case you a client of a broker and have some feedback(s), it will be hard to get those concerns addressed. The best-case scenario is that your concerns are diverted to Omnesys Technologies through your broker and it is left to the tech team when to fix the problem.
NEST Trader Review Conclusion
As given above, NEST trader is one of the leading trading platform in the stockbroking industry. This platform is used as a third-party software by large number of top-rated stock brokers.
In regard to performance, this application comes with an extensive range of features with reasonable sturdiness.
However, the user experience is one of the sections where the application has some scope of improvement. This is significant particularly for beginner level traders who prefer to use an easy-to-use application.
At the same time, if you are experienced or even an intermediate level trader/investor, you would love to use this application for your trading needs.