SAS Online Review
Here, SAS stands for South Asia Stocks Limited. It is counted the most newly launched discount brokers in India. You will be surprised after knowing that within the six months of its launch, SAS Online acquired its first 1000 clients. The discount broking firm was incorporated in the year 2013. It was the idea of a young entrepreneur Shrey Jain who launched SAS Online. Check this SAS Online Review to more about it.
At presents the discount broker firm offers brokerage services for stocks, future and options, currency and commodities across all segments including NSE, BSE and MCX. On an average, the firm processes over 1 lac orders on a regular basis.
The firm is headquartered in Delhi and offers technology-led services to its clients across various Indian cities. There are no account minimums, hidden costs, which lead to lower costs and smoother trading.
SAS Online has a daily turnover of over Rs 10,000 crore, which accounts for almost more than 1% of total market. The client base of the discount broker is 30,000+ customers who are located across 750+ cities in India.
Pros of choosing SAS Online
- Superb leverage equity and option to discover all the markets and the SAS online demo
- Zero account opening fee and unlimited trading plans with INR 999/
- Automated trading system
- INR 9 trade plan offers the SAS online available at BSE, NSE and MCX stock exchange in equity
- The SAS online subscription form is available online, you can fill up the form to avail the service with us
Since most of the processes are based on internet, SAS Online has no offline support through partners or franchises. The discount broker offers trading services at very low brokerage rates.
SAS customers can choose to trade using its trading platform ALPHA. It is developed by Tradelab. Most of the leading brokers in India prefer using the Tradelab trading platform. The platform is available in desktop, web and mobile version. It offers great trading features for quick and reliable trading.
SAS Online allows trading in the below segments:
- Online Trading
- Equity Trading at BSE, NSE
- Commodities Trading at MCX
- Currency Trading at NSE
- Depository Services (Demat Account)
The broker has won the NSDL Best Performer Award 2015 – Rising DP. One can choose to trade by opening a commodity account with the broker at just Rs. 200.
In the field of discount broking, SAS Online offers the lowest trading plan in India. It provides unlimited plans of trade monthly in BSE, NSE, and MCX. It has three various brokerage plans monthly. It ensures that no payment is made when traders don’t trade for a month.
Account Types – SAS Trading Plans
Primarily, SAS Online has four trading plans for its investors.
- Rs 9 per trade Plan
This SAS Online trading plan offers trading at flat Rs 9 per trade irrespective to the size of the trade. The brokerage is charged as ‘Rs 9 per executed order or 0.01% whichever is lower’. Trading is available at BSE, NSE and MCX stock exchanges in equity, commodities and currency derivative segments.
- Rs 999 MCX Plan
This trading plan offers unlimited monthly trading in commodities at MCX stock exchange at a flat rate of Rs 999 per month.
- Rs 999 Equity Plan
This SAS Online plan offers unlimited trading in equity segment for flat Rs 999 per month. Trading under this plan is available at BSE Cash, NSE Cash and NSE F&O segment.
- Rs 499 Currency Plan
This plan offers unlimited trading in currency derivatives segment at NSE for flat Rs 499 per month.
Process to Open an account at SAS Online
There are two easy ways to open an account with SAS Online.
Note: The online paperless instant account opening is not available with SAS Online. One will need to fill the paper forms to open an account with them.
- Download a PDF Account Opening Form
To open an account:
- Download Account Opening Forms from the website under Downloads >> Account Opening option.
- Print it, fill in the required details and sign the form on predefined places.
- Send the signed forms and documents to address given in the form.
- Request an Account Opening Form
You can also request for an account opening form from SAS Online via phone/email. The broker sends the printed form to you. You have to pay Rs. 100 as charges for the courier services.
Once you get the form, fill it as required, sign at the marked places, attach necessary documents and send it to the company via courier.
The account opening takes up to 24 hours after they receive of the form. In case of any discrepancy or missing documents, intimation is sent over call/email.
You will get confirmation, once your account is activated, via email and SMS. You will also receive a Welcome call providing all the details about your account.
After the filled form is received, all documents will be checked and processed. In case of any discrepancy or missing documents, intimation will be sent to you over call/email. Once the documentation is finished, you will be allowed to trade from the next day.
If you come across any delay in your account opening, you can contact the customer support via phone/email.
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of Address Proof (Aadhaar Card/ Voter ID, Passport / Driving License / Bank Statement / Landline Bill / Electricity Bill / Gas Bill).
- Passport size photographs
- Canceled cheque with printed name / Latest Bank Statement/ Bank Passbook first & latest transaction page)
- Income Proof (If you want to trade derivatives)- Latest Pay slip/Form 16 / IT Returns/ 6 month Bank statement/ Copy of Demat Holding with any other Broker (if any)
- A cheque for account opening charges
SAS Online Trading Platforms
SAS Online is one of the best discount brokers in India that rely heavily on technology to offer seamless stock trading to traders and investors. The discount broker offers trading platforms for desktop, browser and mobile applications.
Let’s look at SAS Online’s trading platforms.
Alpha Trader is a desktop-based trading application that needs to be downloaded and installed on a computer. It has a mobile application too. Its salient features are:
- Customized interface – Every element can be completely customized as per user’s preferences such as edit headers, functions and colors etc.
- Watch market trends and carry out your own analysis with next-gen charting features
- Presence of over 80 indicators that can be used in the application and over 10 chart types for detailed analysis of stock market
Alpha web is a cloud-based application that can be used on any web browser. Whether you’ve a laptop or desktop, you can use it without the need of downloading.
- Easy compatibility with multiple browsers
- Real-time quotes and seamless trading
- Lightweight application and no need for high configuration device
- Over 100 technical indicators and 10 chart types
Due to its responsive nature and lightweights, the web-based browser application is quite popular among traders and investors. However, there are many areas on the application that can be improved considerably.
ALPHA Mobile App
SAS Online Mobile App is available for devices running on Android, iOS. There is amazing trading facility available for mobile users too. For example, detailed market information, real time quotes can be easily accessed on the mobile application. The mobile app comes with several features like:
- Trade across equities, Futures & Options, and Commodity across BSE, NSE and MCX
- Access to different intraday charts for sound decision making
- Inspect & manage holdings from SAS Mobile Trader
- Position square off options
- Hourly statistics and heat maps for rapid technical analysis and decision making
Some of its other features are:
- 0 downtime with tick by tick market stats
- Transfer funds through payment gateway and receive an instant limit update via Pay-in feature
- Get trade confirmations via SMS on subscribed mobile numbers
However, there are various concerns related to the app.
- The user experience provided by the app, particularly in terms of order placement, charting etc.
- Repeated log-outs without any intimation
- Speed lags more often
SAS Online Customer Care
SAS Online offers customer service through various channels including
- Web Chat
- Social Media
The availability of online contact modes makes it easier for people to get customer support of SAS Online but there is no offline support. And the overall quality of customer care is above average as clients have responded in an affirmative manner in regard to the same.
SAS Online Brokerage Charges & Fees
One important point to keep in mind while trading at SAS Online is to make sure you are well aware of all the application charges. Get them documented so as to avoid any confusions at a later stage.
SAS Online Demat Account Charges
SAS Online Margins
SAS Online gives the below given marginal value to the investors on the traded segment.
In order to educate its traders and investors about the basics of stock trading, SAS Online has a dedicated knowledge base available on its website. Anyone can come and access the educational material available there for use. The given information is presented in a simpler way and makes it easier for both a beginner as well as an expert to access.
Among the several reasons to trade with SAS Online, the one that is at the top is its unique referral scheme. Users can share their unique code with friends and family while referring SAS Online as the most preferred trading platform. The referral program allows clients to refer friends and earn from 20 to 50% of the brokerage paid by them.
The Conclusion – SAS Online Review
SAS Online is undoubtedly one of the most emerging discount brokers of India. The leading discount broking firm still has to cover a long way to win the hearts of both its existing as well as new clients on various fronts. From trading platforms to customer service, trading plans, all the segments should focus on delivering more value to the users.
Since SAS Online has established itself in the market due to its low brokerage and improved market exposure, this is not going to sustain in the long run. So, if discount brokerage is only element you want, then only this option makes sense for you.